Reporting a Catastrophe Claim
A catastrophe can create considerable disruption in your life. We understand this
and will work with you throughout the entire claims process — from initial
response through final resolution — to provide fast and caring claims service.
When a catastrophe hits, we send members of our National Catastrophe Response Team
to the affected areas as soon as it's safe to do so. In many cases, we're there
within 24 hours, and we'll stay on site for as long as it takes to settle the claims.
Plus, representatives located in our National Catastrophe Response Center are available
immediately and provide service exclusively to catastrophe victims.
When you file a catastrophe claim, here's how we work with you to resolve it:
- When it's safe to do so,
log in to report your claim online.
We'll ask some initial questions and begin resolving your claim immediately.
- A claims representative will contact you as quickly as possible (generally by the
end of the business day) to answer your questions and confirm that your vehicle
is scheduled for an inspection. Be sure to discuss any questions you have about
deductibles, what's covered, or the repairs with your claims representative at this
- We'll inspect your vehicle's damage and provide an estimate for repairs. In disaster
areas, we often have drive-in claims locations that allow you to bring your vehicle
in for a damage estimate. We also can dispatch specially trained claims representatives
to affected areas to inspect damage.
- We'll help you arrange vehicle repair services and towing if needed. Progressive's network of repair shops are often available, depending on where you live and the circumstances surrounding the catastrophe. If available, we can schedule the appointment for you when you report the claim. If body shops in your area are closed due to a catastrophe, we can provide referrals to other nearby shops in our network. You also can select your own repair facility.
- If you need a rental car and you have rental coverage with Progressive, your claims
representative can make arrangements for one. We'll even bill the rental directly
to Progressive. Keep in mind that rental reimbursement varies based on policy coverages
and catastrophe circumstances.
- We'll keep you informed about your claim by periodically checking the status of
repairs and addressing any further issues, such as additional damage, supplemental
payments or changes to the expected completion date, while your vehicle is in the
- If you use a repair shop in Progressive's network, you'll get a copy of our Limited Lifetime Guarantee, which is valid for as long as you own or lease your vehicle.
When a disaster strikes, you can rest assured that Progressive will be there to
help settle your claim quickly, fairly and accurately so you can move on with your
Check Your Claim Any Day, Any Time
If you'd like to check the status of your claim,
log in to our online service site at any time. You also can view claim payment
history and damage estimates, as well as make payments, print policy documents and